Mechanical keyboards are becoming the norm these days, but many of them are overpriced, so we at Geektick reviewed the most budget friendly keyboards.
The market for mechanical keyboards is massive these days, with new mechanical keyboards being released every day. In short, when I was younger, I never owned a mechanical keyboard and had zero knowledge when getting one. So I made a mistake, of course, and ended up buying an overpriced keyboard. Still though, it’s a pretty good keyboard, but I am kind of annoyed by the fact that I could have possibly saved around 50 dollars, and I ended up finding the same model keyboard for 20 dollars cheaper at the market next day. And no, I couldn’t return the keyboard, because they had a policy which stated if you damage the box of said item you can not get a refund. And I was rash when opening the keyboard so I ended up destroying the box entirely. A foolish mistake on my part.
The story I told you was just an insight into why it is good to do some research before buying. So I presume you guys are here for the list and not for my story. So lets start going through the best budget keyboards.
- Best Budget Mechanical Keyboard – EagleTec KG011 Office
- Best Seller Mechanical Keyboard – Corsair Gaming K55
- Best Buy Mechanical Keyboard – Azio Backlit Mechanical
- Cheapest Mechanical Keyboard – Redragon K552-N KUMARA
- HAVIT HV-KB378L RGB
- AULA Ergonomic Sapphire Keyboard
- Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON ZX Tournament Keyboard
- Tomoko Blue Switch 104-Key Black Mechanical Keyboard
- CM Storm QuickFire TK
- MechanicalEagle Z-77 Keyboard
BEST BUDGET Mechanical Keyboard – EagleTec KG011 Office
This keyboard isn’t your average day to day keyboard, it is truly something special. It has a nice sleek body and a stylish light blue background color, but this isn’t the only style of this keyboard as it has quite a lot of styles to choose from. This keyboard has a nice edge finish. It handles extremely well, looks pleasant to the eyes and on top of all of those things it comes with a cheap price tag making this the best keyboard to buy if you are on a low budget and don’t want to spend a lot of money. It is the most logical step you can take to assure yourself a nice gaming setup.
- 104 double-shot injection molded key caps are blue LED backlit, 100% anti-ghosting.
- Custom mechanical switches designed for longevity with greater durability and responsiveness.
- Mechanical keys with medium resistance, audible click sound, and tactile bump feedback.
- Plate mounted keys. This high quality build technique integrates a metal plate between the switches and the PCB.
- Blue LED back lighting can be adjusted for brightness, breathing effect, and on/off
- Multimedia controls on Function keys.
- Switchable ‘W’, ‘A’, ‘S’, ‘D’ and arrow keys for specific applications and/or gaming
- Different styles of color to suite the users needs : black, black with blue LED back lighting, white and silver with blue back lighting, black with rainbow LED back lighting, white and silver with rainbow back lighting and the plain white and silver
BEST SELLER Mechanical Keyboard – Corsair Gaming K55
It has a nice bottom extension to reduce the pain of your wrist, giving you the option to lean your arm on it. Besides being quite comfortable it also looks quite fancy, with the colorful LED lighting and with its nice sleek body. On top of that it has many customizable features and much more. It doesn’t cost much either, making it one of the most requested keyboards there is at the moment. There are many more things where this keyboard exceeds at but lets keep it nice and simple. It is a nice fancy keyboard that provides a nice feel, while it comes with a cheap price tag.
Product details :
- Three-zone dynamic RGB backlighting with 10+ preconfigured vivid RGB lighting modes allow you to choose immersive lighting effects
- 6 programmable macro keys enable
- Dedicated volume and multimedia controls for direct audio control without interrupting your game
- Quiet and responsive keys give a satisfying feel
- Multi-key anti-ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses
- Detachable wrist rest with soft rubber texture provides comfortable positioning for your wrists
- Windows Key Lock mode ensures interruption-free game
- Keyboard tilt adjustment to enable comfort for long play sessions
BEST BUY Mechanical Keyboard – Azio Backlit Mechanical
The Azio Backlit Mechanical Keyboard is our pick for the best buy for many reasons. First of all lets start with the thing I like the most about this keyboard, the extension for your wrist. I can’t stress enough how much this means for the user of the keyboard. I am on my computer for about 6-8 hours per day and after time when I start writing or resting my arm I feel a strange soreness in my left hand.
But besides that, it has a simple design which itself is quite pretty and sleek. It handles quite nicely and is quite comfortable to use. In my own personal opinion it is probably one of the best keyboards in the market at the moment. You might be asking yourself: “But where are the LEDs?”. This is just the basic version of this keyboard, as there are other versions or to say styles which include a nice set of customizable LEDs.
Product details :
- Mechanical Key Switches (Kailh Blue)
- Gunmetal Grey Anodized Aluminum Face Plate
- White LED Backlight w/ Adjustable Brightness
- Detachable Palm Rest
- Full NKRO on USB (Windows)
- Easy-Access shortcut Keys & Volume Wheel
- Windows Key Lock
- Braided 6ft Cable
CHEAPEST Mechanical Keyboard – Redragon K552-N KUMARA
By far one of the cheapest mechanical keyboards that exist at the given moment. It actually costs less compared to some plain keyboards, and yes, you heard me, it legit rcosts less. But do not let that discourage you to buy this keyboard. Even though the price is quite low for a mechanical keyboard, it still provides all of the functions of a mechanical keyboard and looks and feels pretty nice. It has some disadvantages, for example there is no bottom extension to provide the most comfort for the wrist area.
Surprisingly, it is quite durable and has a nice design. It also comes with customizable LEDs with many colors to choose from and only costs just a mere 20 bucks. It’s impressive how much the technology has come along and how obtainable it has become.
- Custom mechanical switches for ultimate gaming performance
- Red LED adjustable lighting and double-shot injection molded keycaps for crystal clear backlighting
- Metal and ABS construction, mechanical keys, and gold plated USB connector stand up to hardcore gaming
- Custom mechanical switches designed for longevity, responsiveness, and durability. Mechanical keys with medium resistance, audible click sound, and tactile feedback
- 87 standard conflict free keys, 12 multimedia keys, and splash-proof design
HAVIT HV-KB378L RGB
The havit keyboard ain’t the most popular or well known mechanical keyboard, even though it is still a great keyboard never the less. As it provides many nice additions to it, for example the bottom extension which provides a nice place to rest your wrist. It comes with a bunch of customizable keys, and on top of that it comes with a nice amount of adjustable LEDs. It can change to around 10 modes and has a nice smooth finish on the sides giving this keyboard the most desirable look.
It ain’t the cheapest but it is quite budget friendly. It provides all the needs for many people and comes at a decent price.
- 104 keys RGB mechanical keyboard, constructed with floating keys, blue switches
- 10 adjustable multiple RGB backlit modes, including: Always-on mode, Single-color-breathing mode, Pro-gamer mode, 7-color-breathing mode, On-click-lighting mode, Single-color or Mixed-color-flowing mode, Running-forth and back mode, Ripple-spreading mode.
- Customizable Pro-gamer mode: Press FN+INS to switch to Pro-gamer mode, only W, A, S, D, ESC, “↑” “↓” “←” “→” 9 keys are default to be lighted, 5 default modes can be chose by pressing FN+ 1-5; And these 5 modes are allowed to be customized the backlit color and lighting mode by pressing FN+ HOME.
- Metal base with wrist rest (non-detachable), effectively reduce fatigue of long time using; gold plated USB interface guarantees efficient and stable data transmission
- Easy-to–reach multimedia keys: Fn + F1-F12, provides Windows Key lock for gaming, multimedia controls for entertainment, email and calculator
AULA Ergonomic Sapphire Keyboard
Another addition to our list of great keyboards, it provides everything a person would need from a mechanical keyboard and more. It has a nice simple finish around the sides, a nice bottom extension. Besides all of those things it feels extremely well when playing games and provides a nice amount of customizable buttons to add to the core of the game when playing. The standard version is a nice black finish with a carefully done build, the other versions just adds LEDs to the main version. The LEDs on the second version are open to the users preference and enable him to change them to his will.
- Ergonomic design, high quality and minimalist style
- Large and comfortable palm rest to reduce hand fatigue
- AULA mechanical blue switch with ultra-long lifetime durability, perfect for all gamers
- User-friendly design with a set of shortcut function keys cooperated with the FN key
- Lock / unlock function for WINDOWS key to avoid miss clicks / distractions during gaming
Thermaltake Poseidon ZX Tournament
A classical mechanical keyboard, compact and has all the things you would expect it to have. Only real con to getting this keyboard is the fact that it’s lacking the additional bottom extension. Besides that it has a nice finish with the addition of LEDs behind each key providing the ability to see the keys during all time.
It comes with two options, you can choose between blue or brown switches.
- Fully Back-Lit Keyboard: With an LED under each cap, the POSEIDON ZX is a fully back-lit keyboard, offering 4 levels of adjustable brightness
- TteSPORTS Certified Mechanical Blue Switches: The TteSPORTS Certified Mechanical BLUE switches are built for speed and durability, offering a pronounced tactile feel and audible click feedback
- Accessible Media Keys: With the Fn (function) + F1-F7 keys, you can control your volume and media player anytime, without having to minimize your current game or program.
- Tenkeyless Form Factor: The POSEIDON ZX comes in the tenkeyless form factor; which is 80% the length of a regular full sized keyboard. This size makes the POSEIDON ZX more portable to take on the go for gaming, as well as helps prevent gamers from having their mouse hit their keyboard in the middle of games.
Tomoko Blue Switch 104-Key Black Mechanical Keyboard
A simple black mechanical keyboard made for all purposes, just a few words to describe this keyboard. It has a nice edge finish and a sleek black design. It provides a nice feel when you are playing video games and also adds the option to customize a few buttons to the user’s request. Another nice thing about this keyboard is the fact that it is pretty portable enabling you to carry it around wherever you want. Also, this keyboard is water proof, which is a nice little feature.
- Anti-Ghosting 104 KEYS. N-Key Rollover. With anti-ghosting 104 keys, it allows Multi-Keys to work simultaneously without confliction
- Blue Switches. Provide you “clicky” tactile feedback to improve typing speed and accuracy. Lifespan of 50 million keystroke, 60±15g key force and 4.0±0.2mm stroke travel
- FN Shortcuts. Easily access to media controls, such as play, pause, next and previous track, calculator, email, web browser etc without exiting game
- Build Quality. Made of top-grade ABS and metal base, with matte-finish texture,it is sturdy and robust for durability. Laser-engraved keys are not easy to fade. Water-resistant with drain holes
CM Storm QuickFire TK
Probably the most expensive keyboard we will cover today, but hear me out. Yes this article is the best budget keyboards. And this keyboard is extremely good with all due respect but it comes with a higher price tag. It is extremely portable, has all the basics, like customizable buttons and LEDs that can go through 3 modes depending on the users tastes with the standard amount of buttons with a long lifespan.
That sounds plain but it’s a well trusted keyboard that will last a long time and provide the best quality.
- Mechanical BLUE CHERRY MX switches with a lifespan of over 50 million keypresses
- Compact and ergonomic layout with an integrated numpad section
- Fully backlit with blue LEDs, 3 modes, and 5 brightness levels
- NKRO through USB for unlimited simultaneous keystrokes
- Embedded blue steel backplate for maximum stability and durability
- Super grip pads and keyboard standoffs with rubber feet for increased stability
- 7 easy-access multimedia shortcut keys
Extremely friendly budget wise, compact and good looking. Quite a nice keyboard to be honest. It has a nice feel to it providing the utmost comfort when playing games, it also has the addition of LEDs making it look extremely well especially in the dark. And it is extremely compact enabling you the portability many keyboards lack.
What more is there to say about this stunning keyboard, and the price will leave you without any words. It is extremely cheap, especially when it’s on sale it goes down up to 35 dollars.
- Innovative pluggable design mechanical keyboard allows you to replace all the switches by yourself. It comes with 5 PCS of free switches (Gaote switch/ Otemu switch) for you to replace.
- Easy to change 9 backlit by pressing FN+Ins; 8 modes gaming keys lighting-up patterns. Support selectable keys lights (Light colors can’t be changed).
- Anti-ghosting 87 keys/n-key rollover. Allows multi-keys to work simultaneously in high speed. Each key is controlled independently, which allows faster response in games.
- Custom mechanical switches designed for responsiveness and durability. Mechanical keys with medium resistance, nice click sound, and tactile feedback. Tested for over 50 million times keystroke.
- Ergonomic designed: the stepped keycap makes it sleek and the arc and slope fit your hands easily to prevent fatigue. Convenient Multi-media Keys FN+F1~F12 Provides Windows Key lock for gaming, multimedia controls for entertainment, email and calculator
With the sheer number of keyboards we’ve covered, some people might wonder what is the best keyboard to get. Well, in short, if you fancy yourself the cheapest then the pick is obviously the Redragon K552-N KUMARA. Otherwise if your budget is really low but you can afford a bit more than the Redragon K552-N KUMARA then go for our best keyboard the EagleTec KG011 Office. If you want to save some money and still get a really good keyboard then the obvious choice is the Azio Backlit Mechanical. On top of these keyboards there are stacks and stacks of mechanical keyboards that are extremely over priced. And many of them are extremely good for many reasons, but the key issue with them is their price, making them quite expensive for the average Joe.
Either way, if by any chance you, the reader, is wondering what are the advantages of having a mechanical keyboard while gaming, then listen out for a small story. So here is the story why I needed a mechanical keyboard. Throughout the years I played many games and in all of them I always had an issue with either my mouse being wacky or my keyboard having issues when I press over 3 buttons at the same time. So firstly I changed my mouse to the one I use at the moment, afterwards I changed the keyboard. The main game which caused me to get a mechanical keyboard is WoW as it was getting harder and harder to play the game as I progressed to the end stages of each expansion. Why? Well when you level up and get more gear in WoW there are many more spells and potions to use, and in order to use them at the same time you need to spam the button, but there is a global cool down on those spells which helped out but I still had many issues nevertheless. Then I started to play battlegrounds and many more things as I progressed in the game and it was getting so hard to play that I was legit destroying 5 buttons by mashing them constantly. For example when you play a battleground as a healer, it gets so stressful to keep running away while healing yourself and your teammates at the same time, I can not stress how difficult that was. And on top of the basic button mashing, there were moments when your key wouldn’t register at all and you would be left there with a blank face on how you wiped on the last boss.
Okay I went off topic a bit with the story, but overall getting a mechanical keyboard was the best decision I made as it provided a great way to play games, write documents and many more things, and also the sound it makes is extremely satisfying. So if you are in the end planing to buy one of these keyboards or another mechanical keyboards which you fancy be sure to keep in mind that these keyboards are all extremely good and provide a great way to boost your setup and overall boosting your satisfaction when using one. Also be sure to keep an open mind upon seeing these cheap keyboards, they might be cheap but it does not mean they are weak or bad in any case, yeah, they are a lot cheaper compared to the standard razor mechanical keyboard with the nice greed LEDs, but these are extremely good as well and they deserve some love too.
To sum up everything, there are many great keyboards which will suite everyone’s needs, the ones we looked over today are extremely budget friendly and provide a nice alternative to the expensive and overpriced keyboards. May Talos bless your kind heart for reading this article.